Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Working on #2, #9, #13

Research! Time to head to the library, bust out the dictionary, go old-school and get out an encyclopedia. Well, really I just grabbed my mac book pro and googled "how to write a blog".

A million different results came up. Here are the ones that caught my eye.

"Get about a months worth of material together" from mintblogger.com. I did type out a list of 13 items to blog about, so I guess I did that and didn't even know it! I'm not sure a months worth of items is necessary. What works for me, a piece of paper and a pen. When something comes to mind, write it down. Keep the list handy when you sit down to write, that seems easy-peasy to me.

wikihow.com has "how to write a famous bog: 8 steps". There's a list there, their aren't numbered or anything, but its a list non-the less. The question of lists as a good thing seems to be answered, most every How To blog site had a list. Some use paragraphs, some actual numbers. Guess it's open for interpretation.

Problogger.com has a list of 10 items to get you started, this one numbered 1-10. This site promotes being "creative". Here's a quote, "I emphasize ‘create’ because I think too often as bloggers we ‘PUNCH’ out content as though we’re in a race or under some kind of deadline." That phrase seemed like excellent advice. I'm going to use it as a mini-mantra as I go forward. I have no deadlines except the ones I impose on myself. So I'm going to take the time, do the work, make it worth it for me & my reader(s).

The final How to Step that was put out as a tip, not even listed in the Lists on wikihow.com, in order to get the word out about your blog, you should be reading other blogs and posting comments. Don't just post one word comments that bloggers might view as spam, but a real thought out observation. Basically I'm guessing I can't click the LIKE button on their blog like I can on Facebook. So if I'm going to be successful, I need to start searching for some blogs to read. I have a few I follow, but really I lurk. Here's what I'm hearing, Lurking days are over missy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment