Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dinner is Served!


I stumbled across these sushi plates recently in the garage, still in their original box. After unpacking the two plates & two soy sauce bowls, I wasn't exactly sure how I would use them in my 'no I wont eat sushi' house.

My first attempt to find a good use for the unique square plates was to put apple slices on them. (Thank you Pampered Chef for your apple cutter!!!!) The slices fit very nicely on the plate and made things look a bit more exciting, I was very pleased with myself.

Lately I've noticed that I serve the same things, ya know kid food that packs some nutritional punch but mostly goes down without protest, and on busy nights after soccer practice, when dinner should have been served 10 minutes ago, it's what I'm looking for. Sadly the meal sometimes even gets put on paper plates, which adds nothing to the look of the meal but does help with clean up! So the other night, when all the dishes were dirty and the paper plate supply had been depleted, I placed the meal on my exotic my square plates. The boys thought they were great, even asked to put ketchup in the soy sauce bowls. I had discovered the hidden potential of Sushi plates!!

Some day the boys might have a palette for Sushi, but for right now, I'm going to continue to use these wonderfully exotic plates to take some of the ho-hum doldrums out of cooking mac-n-cheese and hot dogs yet again.

Cheers to you also finding a unique plate to spice up your evening meal!




No comments:

Post a Comment